Cat Album Kitten Album
Picking Your Pet
We have adoption albums available online, but they often don’t truly show an animals temperament and fun quirks as well as visiting them at our shelter! Please feel free to use the adoption album to get an idea of what you’re looking for, but don’t get your heart set on anybody in particular. Remember — cats and dogs come in all shapes and sizes, but what really counts is their personality and temperament.
Before you adopt a pet, please consider the time an commitment a pet will mean to you and your family. Pets are for life.
If you are considering adopting a cat, please consider PetParent.com’s article on Responsible Cat Ownership: http://www.petparents.com/show.aspx/cats/adopting-a-cat/responsible-cat-owner
Our adoption process is comprised of some simple computer and paper work. The application we ask every adopter to fill out will ask simple questions like where the animal will sleep and if you have any other animals. At this time, we will also ask for any supporting documentation that may be required. Then we will enter in all the information into our database and pair you with your chosen pet. This process generally takes about half an hour.
All of our adoptions include a seven day trial period where you can return the animal, for any reason, during the first week for a full refund of your adoption fee. We want to make sure that all of our animals are paired with the right owner!
You Will Need to Bring:
Your Family: if you have a spouse and/or kids, please bring them along! We want to ensure the whole family is supportive of the new family member. If you are interested in giving your spouse or your kids the gift of a new pet, please ask us about Gift Certificates so they can participate in picking out their new pet.
- ID: we prefer a driver’s license, but will also accept a Passport. This is to confirm that you are of legal age (18) to adopt an animal, and also to confirm your identity.
- Your Lease or a letter from your landlord (if you rent) stating that you can have animals in your home.
- Payment: we accept debit, MasterCard, Visa, and cash. We will not release your animal to you until full payment is made.
Adoption Fees & Inclusions
Our adoption fees remain the same, unless it is a senior. If two cats or kittens are adopted together, the second animal has a reduced adoption fee. Please talk to the shelter member onsite for more information.
- Cats: $225.00. Second adult adopted at same time – $125.00
- Senior cats (6 yrs+) – $100.00
- Kittens: $225.00 + $50 deposit. Spay/neuter surgery included in adoption fee. $50 deposit is returned when proof of spay/neuter is provided to the shelter. **SEE SPAY/NEUTER NOTE BELOW.
- Dogs: $450
Included in Adoption Fees:
- **Spay or Neuter – arranged with our shelter vet. If you choose to use your own veterinarian, you are reimbursed the amount we would pay our shelter vet for the surgery. Amount reimbursed could be less than your cost.
- Up to Date Vaccinations (including rabies!).
- Initial Vet Check.
- Medical Care required while under our care (fully disclosed).
- Seven Day Trial Adoption Period.
- 30 Days Gift of Insurance from ShelterCare!